Beatriz Sazon, MS, NP-C, RN-BC
“Diversity Making A difference in Global Health”
Emphasis on cultural diversity and understanding of how culture impacts the health of individuals, families, community and the world.
- Health screening promoting health promotion and disease prevention.
- Partnering with other health care professional groups
- Host of the 2012 Eastern Regional Conference.
Palliative Nurse Practitioner, Bon Secour Hampton Roads Health System
- Provided education pertaining to Palliative Care services.
- Support to patients and families to discuss treatments and non beneficial treatments in the end of life care.
- Pain Management. Prescribe drugs as necessary and appropriate in accordance with the State and Federal law.
- Collaboration with other interdisciplinary team to deliver quality patients care.
- Physical assessment to identify patients immediate and health care needs. Performs therapeutic and corrective measures that are appropriate for the long term and primary care facility.
- Participates in family conferences and crisis intervention.
- Participates in utilization management process for palliative care patients along with care management.
- Modifies the plan of care, as needed in collaboration with the attending/consulting physicians.