Carmina Teresa V. Bautista MSN, FNP-BC, BC-ADM
- Family nurse practitioner who specializes in advanced diabetes management. She is a passionate advocate for diabetes education to empower patients in the management of their disease
- Employed by Portsmouth Naval Medical Center (NMCP) in Virginia where she works as the coordinator of the Diabetes Self Management Program and NMCP Tricare region insulin pump program; and as a clinical consultant in the medical management of complicated diabetes patients both in the outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Speaker panel for the NMCP Endocrinology academic lectures and the Philippine Nurses Association of America Advanced Practice Nurse Forum.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Certificate Hampton University
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration Hampton University
1974 Bachelor of Science in Nursing University of the Philippines
ANCC Board Certification in Advance Diabetes Management
ANCC Board Certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
Honors and Awards
- Nurse Excellence Award 2010 Philippine Nurses Association of Virginia
- Letter of Commendation for Superior Performance
Presented by Rear Admiral Kiser Naval Medical Center Portsmouth March 2009
- Clinical Nurse Excellence Award 2006 Philippine Nurses Association of America
- National Award for Best Practice in Diabetes Care June 2004 Department of Veterans Affairs
- Nominee for Secretary of Veterans Affairs Excellence Award in Nursing May 2003
- Who’s Who in American Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing
Professional involvement at the national level with the Philippines Nurses Association of America (PNAA) spanning a period of two decades:
Highlights of Accomplishments
Executive Board Member 1995-1996 and 2008-2010
- Provided insightful input to Executive Board discussions. Known for out of the box thinking mind set to push the envelope toward organizational advancement and growth.
Advancing the Rights of Foreign Educated Nurses
Chair, PNA Virginia CGFNS Task Force 2007-2009
Coordinated the strategy and provided the leadership for the successful campaign to eliminate the CGFNS Exam as a requirement for foreign educated nurses in the state of Virginia. The regulatory change eliminating the CGFNS Exam was officially approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing (VBON) on September 15, 2009. This makes Virginia the twenty-third state to remove the CGFNS exam requirement in the US
Chairman, PNAA Infrastructure Committee, 2007-2012
- Spearheaded the development of a formalized strategic plan to provide the resources, financial, and communication infrastructure to support the PNAA mission and vision
- Coordinated the redesign and enhancement of the PNAA logo.
Facilitated the federal trademark application for the PNAA name and logo. The trademark “TM” is now used in the PNAA logo to indicate PNAA claims rights.
- Founded the PNAA store to generate revenue to provide the necessary financial
funding to support required organizational infrastructures.
- Collaborated with the Website Committee to develop the system requirements and specifications for a PNAA website upgrade with improved functionalities such as: secure log in, online membership application and payment, membership database, online conference registration and payment, and virtual office for document storage and retrieval.
Chairman, PNAA Membership Committee, 2004-2008
Assistant Treasurer, 2004-2008
- Increased PNAA national membership by 57.5% breaking all time record
- Developed the first PNAA national membership electronic database
- Facilitated the timely approval of seven (7) new PNAA chapters: PNA Colorado, Northeast Florida, North Texas, South Texas, Pennsylvania, Texas-Cameron County, and Wisconsin. increasing the total number of PNAA chapters from 31 to 38.
- Spearheaded the revision of the policy and procedure for chapter formation to include a
geographical delineation limiting the formation of a new chapter no less than 50 mile radius from
the official city of incorporation of an existing PNAA chapter. The goal of policy change is to promote cooperative collaboration in the formation of chapters across the USA.
Executive Secretary, 2002-2004
Chair, Ways and Means Committee, 2000-2002
Co-Chair, Ways and Means Committee, 1998-2000
Member Advisory Board, Philippine Nurses Association of Virginia, 1995-present