Priscila Faune Custodio, R.N.
- Associate in Arts at Mindanao Colleges Now University of Mindanao- 1961
- Diploma Nurse at Brokenshire School of Nursing, now Brokenshire College – 1964
- President of the Philippines Nurses Association of Tidewater( PNAT ) in 1989.
Priscila F. Custodio became the seventh president in 1989. This was a busy year for the organization. The PNAT hosted the 10th Philippine Nurses Association of America, PNAA) national convention held in Virginia Beach. The PNAA president was Filipinas J. Lowery. Under Precy’s leadership, PNAT established a scholarship fund to provide financial assistance to Filipino students interested in a nursing career.
Nursing Practice Background : Operating Room Nurse
- Roper Hospital – South Carolina 1967-68 – Staff Nurse
- Anne Arundel Hospital – Annapolis Maryland, 1968-70- Staff Nurse
- Norfolk General – 1970- Staff Nurse
- Virginia Beach General – 1970- 2003 Staff Nurse – Nurse Manager
Community Service and Outreach Program
Operation Smile International (1992 – the present) – Clinical Coordinator of the medical mission in the Philippines which include: Naga, Iligan, Bacolod, and Davao . At present we have an Operation Smile Mindanao Cleft Center.
Habal-habal project – The community is located about 8-10 kilometers up the mountain, so that transportation was quite expensive for families to send their children to high school in town. The average income of families was a mere Php 3,000-4000 per month as fruit farming workers. The average “habal-habal”transportation fee per child is 750 pesos a month. The habal-habal is a motorcycle often overloaded with multiple people and cargo.
University of Brokenshire – Corporate Treasurer and Member of the Board of Trustees of Brokenshire College, representing the Brokenshire Alumni.