SOL Aguinaldo, BSN, MBA, RN, CCRN
15th president, 1999 -2001
- The name of the organization and logo was changed from Philippine Nurses Association of Hampton Roads (PNAHR) to Philippine Nurses Association of Virginia (PNAVA).
- Membership increased by 20%
- Initiated membership with the National Federation of Filipino American Association (NAFFAA ) and the Council of the United Filipino Organization of Tidewater (CUFOT).
- Gave a personal donation of a leaf for the Philippine Cultural Center exhibited on the Millennium Tree at the lobby and supported the Alzheimer’s Association of Virginia.
- Set up seminars and health screening in collaboration with the Philippine Medical Association and Medical Technologists at the San Lorenzo Spiritual Center, Tangier Island, Eastern Shore, various churches and the Philippine Cultural Center.
- In-services on Teen Pregnancy at Tallwood High School and Cultural Diversity at the Founder’s Inn.
- Fund-raising activities included: dance parties, sale of PNAVA shirts, mugs, caps, Walkathons and other outdoor activities.
- PNA volunteers to Chesapeake Care Free clinic, Operation smile (assigned to Kalibo, Aklan), Asian fest and African American Fest at Norfolk Waterside.
- Contributing editor, PNAVA newsletter, The Filipino Nurse.
- Donated $1000.00 to the Scholarship Program of the organization.
- Continued post graduate courses through Central Michigan University towards Masters in Arts for Health Care.
- Manager of Asian Pacific Islander committee of EEO at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Hampton, VA.
- Supported PNAA by securing the speaker at the PNA Conference in New Jersey
- Secretary of the VA award for Advanced Practice Nursing (Hampton VAMC)
- Cash Award Washington DC VAMC September 2010 through February 2012
- Certificate of Appreciation 2006 (National Golden Age games) Incentive Award April 2007 (Compliance and Business Integrity Program) Certificate of Appreciation, May 2007(Clinical Champion), Urology Special Contribution Award, Jacksonville Florida VAMC Suggestion Award, Jacksonville Florida, Sustained Excellence Award for Performance Measure June, 2008 (Hampton VAMC)
- Charge nurse, MICU/SICU, Hampton VAMC, Gainesville Florida
- Hemodialysis Nurse, Jacksonville Florida, VAMC
- Utilization Review Nurse, Hampton VAMC
- Cost Recovery Nurse Reviewer, Quality Management, Case Manager, Hampton, VAMC
Nurse Clinical Reviewer, National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, Hampton VAMC( 1991-2008 )and Washington, DC VAMC, Patient Transfer Coordinator, Case manager, Lead Clinical Nurse Reviewer and VISN 6 Team leader, VA Hospital, Washington DC, Baltimore and West Virginia, (2008-2015)