Venus Tomaneng, BSN
PNAVA President, 1995-1996
- Provided strong leadership with a focus on commitment to the community.
- Spearheaded the formation of the Filipino Health Alliance made up of Philippine Nurses of Hampton Roads, Philippine Medical Technologists and Philippine Medical Association of South Eastern Virginia. This action solidified the coexistence and expansion of the health services for the Filipino American Community and provided at the Philippine Cultural Center which is owned and managed by the Council of United Filipino Organization of Tidewater, VA (CUFOT, Inc.)
- Recipient of the Mayor’s Committee on Aging of Virginia Beach.
- PNAVA president . Served a two year term. Theme: “Commitment to Community” Goals 1). Develop partnerships with professional counterparts to identify commonality of purpose.(2)Provide community access to our
collective professional expertise.
- Award Recipient, Twenty Outstanding Filipinos Abroad, 2006
- Vice Chairman, CUFOT, Inc., 2000-2016
- President, UIAT, 1997-98
- Assistant Director of Nursing, Lake Taylor City Hospital, 1970-1995
- Chairman, Fundraising Committee, CUFOT