As COVID-19 continues to ravage the country, the toll on nurses’ mental well-being is undeniable and debilitating.
This brand-new, on-demand offering in the ANA COVID-19 webinar series provides important tools that all nurses can use to help maintain mental well-being while facing the ongoing challenges presented by caring for COVID-19 patients. This 60-minute program is a strong companion to the highly acclaimed first mental well-being webinar in the series “How to Survive the Pandemic with An Unbroken Spirit: Actions to Take Right Now to Stay Strong and Focused.”
This webinar is FREE for all nurses.
Registration is required prior to viewing.
Click the button below to register for this webinar or all webinars in the ANA COVID-19 Series:
Registration is FREE for both ANA members and non-members.
Please forward to interested nurse colleagues.
Through data, practices, and initiatives, nurses will discover the importance of self-compassion, the myriad nurse-specific mental health resources available, and how to minister to oneself through mindfulness. The webinar will also highlight the importance of nurse leaders encouraging and ensuring that their staff have access to mental health help prior to, during, and after crises.
Topics to be covered include:
- Helpful mental health resources designed for and available to all nurses
- How to assess yourself and colleagues for signs of stress overload
- Self-compassion: What it is and how to practice it in times of extreme stress
- Using mindfulness meditation as an effective stress reduction method
- Mastering mindful communications to support colleagues in times of need
- The role of nurse leaders in helping their staff maintain mental well-being
Who should attend: All nurses in all practice settings
Additional information: A link will be emailed to all registrants the week of December 14, 2020, so you can view the on-demand webinar at your convenience.